2023 SBIR/STTR Workshop Series
Our annual SBIR/STTR workshop series brings together experts internal and external to Texas A&M to introduce the program, help those interested discern whether to submit a proposal, and cover key items in crafting successful proposals. We hope you will join us!
March 27 & 28, 2023 and April 3 & 4, 2023
Rudder, Room 701
Sessions will take place from 2:00-4:00 p.m. each day.
Registration is available for attendance in-person or virtually. Registration allows you to attend all events, including the networking reception.
Free for all TAMU System faculty, staff, and students.
Session 1 – Monday, March 27, 2023 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
SBIR and STTR Overview: Program Information and Differences
Sponsored by Dickinson Wright, PLLC
- Lenae Scroggins – Vice Chair, Texas A&M New Ventures Competition
- Beth Deuermeyer – Education Program Manager, Texas A&M Technology Commercialization
Session 2 – Tuesday, March 28, 2023 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Fireside Chat: Benefits of Participating in iHub in Preparation for SBIR/STTR Proposals
Sponsored by KPPB, LLP
- Chris Scotti – Director of New Ventures, Texas A&M Technology Commercialization
- Saurabh Biswas – Executive Director, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Ashlee Jahnke – Head of Research and Development, Teysha Technologies
Session 3 – Monday, April 3, 2023 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Expert Talk: Dos and Don’ts of Writing Successful SBIR/STTR Proposals
Sponsored by Schwegman, Lundberg, Woessner, P.A.
- Jacqueline Havelka – Founder, Inform Scientific; Industry Advisory Board Member, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Session 4 – Tuesday, April 4, 2023 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Fireside Chat: Common SBIR/STTR and Startup Pitfalls
Sponsored by Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Michael Ellis – Partner, Stibbs & Co.
- Bryton Praslicka – Founder & CEO, FluxWorks, LLC
- Sarah Bondos – Chief Scientific Officer, Bondwell Technologies; Associate Professor, Texas A&M School of Medicine
- Peter O’Neill – Chief Innovation Officer, Texas A&M University System
Closing Networking Reception to Immediately Follow Session 4
Location: Block T Bar, TAMU Hotel and Conference Center
Please contact Beth Deuermeyer if you have any questions about the event or registration process.